Msmiz - I read almost anything!

What a Blog you say? Really you shouldn't have, no I am serious, you shouldn't.

I love that I have a place for a blog description.  I am not creative enough to blog, hence never blogging before.  I absolutely stink at well thought out reviews, but I read. I read A LOT.  It used to be more, I could average 800+ books a year.  But then the EDJ started asking me to put forth more effort for pay.  Bastards.

Written in the Stars

Most important here though is my rating scale.  I put forth a lot of 3 stars.  I would prefer a scale of 7 points measurement, hence my 3s are more like 3, 4, and 5 respectively.  In fact, most books that fall within the 3, I would like to take out to the 3rd, if not 4th decimal.  With that said, here is the basic summary of scale.

5- Beyond brilliant, would read again without question

4- Better than your average bear.  Would not hesitate to recommend

3- Do not be fooled.  These are books I liked but the fall into the category of:

Cotton Candy for the brain

Great story, needs editing

Great characters, needs editing

Hit the right spot, needs editing

Could not quite get me there.  The story was just short of a home run.

Short stories.  While I do love a good Novella/short story, etc, it has to be AMAZING

to the Nth degree to knock it up to a 4.

2- Story, characters, and/or editing were not enough to pull it out.  My head popped up

and out of the story too often

1- Are you kidding me with this shit?

What I read

As the title professes, just about anything.  I prefer stories that take me out of real life.  I get enough of that at home. Thus, I tend to stay away from self help or theory based books.  I am a very character driven reader.  I like a good plot just like any reader, but for me, a story really wins if I can fall into the stories and feel the characters.

Enough out of me for now!

Heart of Obsidian (Psy-Changeling, #12) - Nalini Singh JR Ward could learn from Nalini. Her world, while still a bit confusing at times, is always true and consistent through out her stories. She does not lose threads, change the rules, and when the story is about two characters, IT IS ABOUT THE TWO CHARACTERS and the secondary characters are there to support the main plot line.

With the 12th installment of the Psy/Changling series, we finally learn who the ghost is, the Psy Silence is at the tipping point and their leadership is all over the place. Their nice emotionless existence is no more. Yet, Nalini still writes this story as you would expect a Psy to behave. Kaleb's voice is so clear, so in character for a Psy that is fractured that this story was a treat to read. I honestly had my doubts as Kaleb in previous story was always 'the bad guy', but really he is just so powerful and entrenched in Silence, that watching his end game play out and change after finding Sahara is fascinating.

This book changes the entire series from this point. It is rare to have a series last this long and still be as strong as it is. I look forward to what Nalini has in store for us.

Note:This is not a stand alone book. Recommendation is to read the series in its entirety.

Truckers
Terry Pratchett
A Dangerous Fortune
Ken Follett
Wicked Gentlemen (Hells Below)
Ginn Hale
The Round House
Louise Erdrich
The Cat in the Cradle
Jay Bell
Chasing Magic (Downside Ghosts, #5)
Stacia Kane
Reach for the Moon (Alejo and Bobby, #2)
Val Kovalin