Msmiz - I read almost anything!

What a Blog you say? Really you shouldn't have, no I am serious, you shouldn't.

I love that I have a place for a blog description.  I am not creative enough to blog, hence never blogging before.  I absolutely stink at well thought out reviews, but I read. I read A LOT.  It used to be more, I could average 800+ books a year.  But then the EDJ started asking me to put forth more effort for pay.  Bastards.

Written in the Stars

Most important here though is my rating scale.  I put forth a lot of 3 stars.  I would prefer a scale of 7 points measurement, hence my 3s are more like 3, 4, and 5 respectively.  In fact, most books that fall within the 3, I would like to take out to the 3rd, if not 4th decimal.  With that said, here is the basic summary of scale.

5- Beyond brilliant, would read again without question

4- Better than your average bear.  Would not hesitate to recommend

3- Do not be fooled.  These are books I liked but the fall into the category of:

Cotton Candy for the brain

Great story, needs editing

Great characters, needs editing

Hit the right spot, needs editing

Could not quite get me there.  The story was just short of a home run.

Short stories.  While I do love a good Novella/short story, etc, it has to be AMAZING

to the Nth degree to knock it up to a 4.

2- Story, characters, and/or editing were not enough to pull it out.  My head popped up

and out of the story too often

1- Are you kidding me with this shit?

What I read

As the title professes, just about anything.  I prefer stories that take me out of real life.  I get enough of that at home. Thus, I tend to stay away from self help or theory based books.  I am a very character driven reader.  I like a good plot just like any reader, but for me, a story really wins if I can fall into the stories and feel the characters.

Enough out of me for now!

Permanent - Megan Slayer I LOVE a good BDSM book. For me, this was not one of them and I really really wanted this to be. The relationship between River and Tory could have really been explored more and built up to be something that was really great to watch unfold. What I found in this book however was a disjointed hard to follow maze of uncertainty.

River is submissive. The story opens with him being completely and utterly abused by his mistress. Tory picks him up and takes care of him. AS it turns out Tory is his roommate of 3 years and has been silently wanting River (oh and River wants him as well). The rest of the story is Tory going back and forth between I want you, I don't want you. This to me is just as bad as what happened to him that one horrible night. It is definitely going to mess with Rivers head.

On the other hand we have River is still really messed up and unsure of himself. He hides what happened to him from Tory and they both engage in sex instead of conversation.

I spent a good portion of this story confused and feeling like I was left out of the story. If I was a teacher, this would get an incomplete and I would ask for it to be reworked. It has the makings of a really strong read, but just did not make the mark.

Truckers
Terry Pratchett
A Dangerous Fortune
Ken Follett
Wicked Gentlemen (Hells Below)
Ginn Hale
The Round House
Louise Erdrich
The Cat in the Cradle
Jay Bell
Chasing Magic (Downside Ghosts, #5)
Stacia Kane
Reach for the Moon (Alejo and Bobby, #2)
Val Kovalin