Msmiz - I read almost anything!

What a Blog you say? Really you shouldn't have, no I am serious, you shouldn't.

I love that I have a place for a blog description.  I am not creative enough to blog, hence never blogging before.  I absolutely stink at well thought out reviews, but I read. I read A LOT.  It used to be more, I could average 800+ books a year.  But then the EDJ started asking me to put forth more effort for pay.  Bastards.

Written in the Stars

Most important here though is my rating scale.  I put forth a lot of 3 stars.  I would prefer a scale of 7 points measurement, hence my 3s are more like 3, 4, and 5 respectively.  In fact, most books that fall within the 3, I would like to take out to the 3rd, if not 4th decimal.  With that said, here is the basic summary of scale.

5- Beyond brilliant, would read again without question

4- Better than your average bear.  Would not hesitate to recommend

3- Do not be fooled.  These are books I liked but the fall into the category of:

Cotton Candy for the brain

Great story, needs editing

Great characters, needs editing

Hit the right spot, needs editing

Could not quite get me there.  The story was just short of a home run.

Short stories.  While I do love a good Novella/short story, etc, it has to be AMAZING

to the Nth degree to knock it up to a 4.

2- Story, characters, and/or editing were not enough to pull it out.  My head popped up

and out of the story too often

1- Are you kidding me with this shit?

What I read

As the title professes, just about anything.  I prefer stories that take me out of real life.  I get enough of that at home. Thus, I tend to stay away from self help or theory based books.  I am a very character driven reader.  I like a good plot just like any reader, but for me, a story really wins if I can fall into the stories and feel the characters.

Enough out of me for now!

The Perfect Play - Jaci Burton 2.5 - The cover alone gets 5 stars. That is one beautiful cover. I had to see what was under it right? This book started out well for me. Really strong leading female that knows herself well, makes decisions that are based on her family, owns her own company and does not fall at the feet of the leading male character, even though he probably deserves it! *snicker* Hell she even knows sports and when the lead MC is a Quarterback, that is a good thing.

Then, the relationship gets a little deeper, the secrets start flying, insecurities start rearing their ugly head and whooops bad decisions ensue. Freak outs, a bit of whining, and a lot of I don't want you anymore too big a risk moments happen. I got tired with these two. They made me tired and cranky.

The thing that worked, honestly, was some really really mighty fine m/f sex. She went toe to toe with what turns out to be a reformed man whore. She had the dirty talk down and more than once I was fanning myself. But that is just it, when the two of them needed to talk, they turned to sex, which of course happens in a lot of books, but since this one started out so well, I was surprised. The pressures of everything end up getting to both of them and if things were not complicated enough, add in his creepy PR lady. If I was Tara I would have put that bitch down. But hey, adds to the story right?

At the end, while things worked out, I was just tired. These two exhausted me with their drama and their issues. As for a recommendation, I would say, go for it. There were some really stellar moments, but for me, it was not enough to pull the book out to the 3 star range.

Truckers
Terry Pratchett
A Dangerous Fortune
Ken Follett
Wicked Gentlemen (Hells Below)
Ginn Hale
The Round House
Louise Erdrich
The Cat in the Cradle
Jay Bell
Chasing Magic (Downside Ghosts, #5)
Stacia Kane
Reach for the Moon (Alejo and Bobby, #2)
Val Kovalin