Msmiz - I read almost anything!

What a Blog you say? Really you shouldn't have, no I am serious, you shouldn't.

I love that I have a place for a blog description.  I am not creative enough to blog, hence never blogging before.  I absolutely stink at well thought out reviews, but I read. I read A LOT.  It used to be more, I could average 800+ books a year.  But then the EDJ started asking me to put forth more effort for pay.  Bastards.

Written in the Stars

Most important here though is my rating scale.  I put forth a lot of 3 stars.  I would prefer a scale of 7 points measurement, hence my 3s are more like 3, 4, and 5 respectively.  In fact, most books that fall within the 3, I would like to take out to the 3rd, if not 4th decimal.  With that said, here is the basic summary of scale.

5- Beyond brilliant, would read again without question

4- Better than your average bear.  Would not hesitate to recommend

3- Do not be fooled.  These are books I liked but the fall into the category of:

Cotton Candy for the brain

Great story, needs editing

Great characters, needs editing

Hit the right spot, needs editing

Could not quite get me there.  The story was just short of a home run.

Short stories.  While I do love a good Novella/short story, etc, it has to be AMAZING

to the Nth degree to knock it up to a 4.

2- Story, characters, and/or editing were not enough to pull it out.  My head popped up

and out of the story too often

1- Are you kidding me with this shit?

What I read

As the title professes, just about anything.  I prefer stories that take me out of real life.  I get enough of that at home. Thus, I tend to stay away from self help or theory based books.  I am a very character driven reader.  I like a good plot just like any reader, but for me, a story really wins if I can fall into the stories and feel the characters.

Enough out of me for now!

A Wealth of Unsaid Words - R. Cooper R. Cooper wrote an excellent story where you will feel Alex, his illness and his story. At one point, I thought 'I feel like I am reading under water;, that is how deep the writing went. Alex's illness and the impact it had on himself and those that loved him was so well done, so well done.

While this story was over a two day period at Christmas, it was so much more than a Christmas story. Alex had set a deadline this Christmas and now it was time to see if all his work paid off. Read the story to find out!

What Laddie wrote in her review was true ' When R. Cooper wrote this story she created something so beautiful and poetically, painfully, accurate.'

Truckers
Terry Pratchett
A Dangerous Fortune
Ken Follett
Wicked Gentlemen (Hells Below)
Ginn Hale
The Round House
Louise Erdrich
The Cat in the Cradle
Jay Bell
Chasing Magic (Downside Ghosts, #5)
Stacia Kane
Reach for the Moon (Alejo and Bobby, #2)
Val Kovalin