Msmiz - I read almost anything!

What a Blog you say? Really you shouldn't have, no I am serious, you shouldn't.

I love that I have a place for a blog description.  I am not creative enough to blog, hence never blogging before.  I absolutely stink at well thought out reviews, but I read. I read A LOT.  It used to be more, I could average 800+ books a year.  But then the EDJ started asking me to put forth more effort for pay.  Bastards.

Written in the Stars

Most important here though is my rating scale.  I put forth a lot of 3 stars.  I would prefer a scale of 7 points measurement, hence my 3s are more like 3, 4, and 5 respectively.  In fact, most books that fall within the 3, I would like to take out to the 3rd, if not 4th decimal.  With that said, here is the basic summary of scale.

5- Beyond brilliant, would read again without question

4- Better than your average bear.  Would not hesitate to recommend

3- Do not be fooled.  These are books I liked but the fall into the category of:

Cotton Candy for the brain

Great story, needs editing

Great characters, needs editing

Hit the right spot, needs editing

Could not quite get me there.  The story was just short of a home run.

Short stories.  While I do love a good Novella/short story, etc, it has to be AMAZING

to the Nth degree to knock it up to a 4.

2- Story, characters, and/or editing were not enough to pull it out.  My head popped up

and out of the story too often

1- Are you kidding me with this shit?

What I read

As the title professes, just about anything.  I prefer stories that take me out of real life.  I get enough of that at home. Thus, I tend to stay away from self help or theory based books.  I am a very character driven reader.  I like a good plot just like any reader, but for me, a story really wins if I can fall into the stories and feel the characters.

Enough out of me for now!

Counterpoint - Rachel Haimowitz Lent to me - Kindle

Dearest Rachel - Hmmm lets see - it is late right now. I could not put the book down. I had to know how the story unfolded as I was unable to plot its course while reading. Therefore, I may not make complete coherent sense. So let me try:

1. I was deep into the story and the characters. I hated them, I loved them, I wanted to scratch their eyes out, I wanted to hold them. I am a character driven reader. I need to know and feel who they are or the story is just a story and to me this book was more than a story.

2. I hate you. Sorry I do. There is no joy in cliffs. Oh you may think there is, but no, there is not. You have a secret and you get to taunt us with it over great periods of time. Let me just tell you, the sequel better come out soon and be as tight as Counterpoint. Well, okay like I said it is late and I am being a bit dramatic. But really, put me out of my misery.

3. I want the ferals to come and scratch some human's eyes out. Start with Kona that bitch and work you way down to the petitioners. Oh I get her, I understand her, but she is still a bitch!

4. I would like an all powerful elf to come in behind the ferals after they have killed all the idiots, and breath some intelligence into the humans that are left. Personally I do not think that is much to ask for.

5. Can I keep Ayden? I do not think I am his type, but I would like to try.

To close this rather strange review, Rachel, Thank you for the great reading.

Recommendation - if you like a good fantasy story (with some yummy human/elf love - even though it did not happen until 66% of the book), read this book. Yes you, read this book!

Truckers
Terry Pratchett
A Dangerous Fortune
Ken Follett
Wicked Gentlemen (Hells Below)
Ginn Hale
The Round House
Louise Erdrich
The Cat in the Cradle
Jay Bell
Chasing Magic (Downside Ghosts, #5)
Stacia Kane
Reach for the Moon (Alejo and Bobby, #2)
Val Kovalin