Msmiz - I read almost anything!

What a Blog you say? Really you shouldn't have, no I am serious, you shouldn't.

I love that I have a place for a blog description.  I am not creative enough to blog, hence never blogging before.  I absolutely stink at well thought out reviews, but I read. I read A LOT.  It used to be more, I could average 800+ books a year.  But then the EDJ started asking me to put forth more effort for pay.  Bastards.

Written in the Stars

Most important here though is my rating scale.  I put forth a lot of 3 stars.  I would prefer a scale of 7 points measurement, hence my 3s are more like 3, 4, and 5 respectively.  In fact, most books that fall within the 3, I would like to take out to the 3rd, if not 4th decimal.  With that said, here is the basic summary of scale.

5- Beyond brilliant, would read again without question

4- Better than your average bear.  Would not hesitate to recommend

3- Do not be fooled.  These are books I liked but the fall into the category of:

Cotton Candy for the brain

Great story, needs editing

Great characters, needs editing

Hit the right spot, needs editing

Could not quite get me there.  The story was just short of a home run.

Short stories.  While I do love a good Novella/short story, etc, it has to be AMAZING

to the Nth degree to knock it up to a 4.

2- Story, characters, and/or editing were not enough to pull it out.  My head popped up

and out of the story too often

1- Are you kidding me with this shit?

What I read

As the title professes, just about anything.  I prefer stories that take me out of real life.  I get enough of that at home. Thus, I tend to stay away from self help or theory based books.  I am a very character driven reader.  I like a good plot just like any reader, but for me, a story really wins if I can fall into the stories and feel the characters.

Enough out of me for now!

Come Unto These Yellow Sands - Josh Lanyon Often times when I read short stories (to me that equates to less than 200 pages) I do not feel like I am able to get the depth of plot, background or characters that are traditionally afforded longer books. On occasion I am pleasantly surprised that more words do not necessarily make a story better and that would be the case with this book. Come Unto These Yellow Sands is in fact 145 pages. It was satisfying, submerged me into the story from the first sentence and had outstanding characters (flawed but completely lovable).

I will not layout the summary of the story nor bore anyone who attempts to read my blathering, but instead, point you to a really well done review by Damon Suede over at Jessewave: review.

In summary, read it, you will not be disappointed. Thank you Josh for another brilliant story.

Truckers
Terry Pratchett
A Dangerous Fortune
Ken Follett
Wicked Gentlemen (Hells Below)
Ginn Hale
The Round House
Louise Erdrich
The Cat in the Cradle
Jay Bell
Chasing Magic (Downside Ghosts, #5)
Stacia Kane
Reach for the Moon (Alejo and Bobby, #2)
Val Kovalin