Msmiz - I read almost anything!

What a Blog you say? Really you shouldn't have, no I am serious, you shouldn't.

I love that I have a place for a blog description.  I am not creative enough to blog, hence never blogging before.  I absolutely stink at well thought out reviews, but I read. I read A LOT.  It used to be more, I could average 800+ books a year.  But then the EDJ started asking me to put forth more effort for pay.  Bastards.

Written in the Stars

Most important here though is my rating scale.  I put forth a lot of 3 stars.  I would prefer a scale of 7 points measurement, hence my 3s are more like 3, 4, and 5 respectively.  In fact, most books that fall within the 3, I would like to take out to the 3rd, if not 4th decimal.  With that said, here is the basic summary of scale.

5- Beyond brilliant, would read again without question

4- Better than your average bear.  Would not hesitate to recommend

3- Do not be fooled.  These are books I liked but the fall into the category of:

Cotton Candy for the brain

Great story, needs editing

Great characters, needs editing

Hit the right spot, needs editing

Could not quite get me there.  The story was just short of a home run.

Short stories.  While I do love a good Novella/short story, etc, it has to be AMAZING

to the Nth degree to knock it up to a 4.

2- Story, characters, and/or editing were not enough to pull it out.  My head popped up

and out of the story too often

1- Are you kidding me with this shit?

What I read

As the title professes, just about anything.  I prefer stories that take me out of real life.  I get enough of that at home. Thus, I tend to stay away from self help or theory based books.  I am a very character driven reader.  I like a good plot just like any reader, but for me, a story really wins if I can fall into the stories and feel the characters.

Enough out of me for now!

Clark's Story (The Making of a Man, #4) - Diane  Adams Ah god damn, Diane did it again. How she does it so well, I do not know - I am sitting here on a Saturday morning with teary eyes - the ending was beautiful.

I am back to add to my review as I have had a chance to think about this book some more. At first I was worried because this was Clark's story and really it is Clark and Stevie. I have been so in love with Jared and Alex that I thought, heck this will be filler space until we get to the next addition. I was so so, let me say it again, so wrong. All of the characters in these books are integral to the health and care of each other. It was nice to get back story on how Clark and Stevie begin to heel together. It was also really great to see Jared and Alex through other eyes. The bowling alley scene was so cute and Clark giving a play by play of how Jared and Alex are together was so cute.

This story is not all roses. Stevie has been to hell and back and she is not pieced together as she comes back. The love Clark has for her, even as he is questioning everything is so beautiful and strong...we all want to have a Clark.

In the end the Thanksgiving day celebration and the soon to be Day after celebration is so amazing and so sweet and really, who does not want traditions like the ones they have created?

In the end, Annie's box to Grammy Rose still has tears streaming. Amazing what love and open doors can do.

I know I will be one sad person when this series ends.

Truckers
Terry Pratchett
A Dangerous Fortune
Ken Follett
Wicked Gentlemen (Hells Below)
Ginn Hale
The Round House
Louise Erdrich
The Cat in the Cradle
Jay Bell
Chasing Magic (Downside Ghosts, #5)
Stacia Kane
Reach for the Moon (Alejo and Bobby, #2)
Val Kovalin