Msmiz - I read almost anything!

What a Blog you say? Really you shouldn't have, no I am serious, you shouldn't.

I love that I have a place for a blog description.  I am not creative enough to blog, hence never blogging before.  I absolutely stink at well thought out reviews, but I read. I read A LOT.  It used to be more, I could average 800+ books a year.  But then the EDJ started asking me to put forth more effort for pay.  Bastards.

Written in the Stars

Most important here though is my rating scale.  I put forth a lot of 3 stars.  I would prefer a scale of 7 points measurement, hence my 3s are more like 3, 4, and 5 respectively.  In fact, most books that fall within the 3, I would like to take out to the 3rd, if not 4th decimal.  With that said, here is the basic summary of scale.

5- Beyond brilliant, would read again without question

4- Better than your average bear.  Would not hesitate to recommend

3- Do not be fooled.  These are books I liked but the fall into the category of:

Cotton Candy for the brain

Great story, needs editing

Great characters, needs editing

Hit the right spot, needs editing

Could not quite get me there.  The story was just short of a home run.

Short stories.  While I do love a good Novella/short story, etc, it has to be AMAZING

to the Nth degree to knock it up to a 4.

2- Story, characters, and/or editing were not enough to pull it out.  My head popped up

and out of the story too often

1- Are you kidding me with this shit?

What I read

As the title professes, just about anything.  I prefer stories that take me out of real life.  I get enough of that at home. Thus, I tend to stay away from self help or theory based books.  I am a very character driven reader.  I like a good plot just like any reader, but for me, a story really wins if I can fall into the stories and feel the characters.

Enough out of me for now!

[REBLOG for those of you who live in Expensive Book Land & and always happy to promote good local shops!] Shoutout: A bookseller I officially love!

Please note: I am not in any way related to the company I'm about to talk about; I don't get any commissions or any benefits for talking about this bookseller. I simply want to share how happy I am with them with people who love books as much as I do.

So, to start this post I should tell you that I live in Bulgaria, a place where Bulgarian is the official language, and books in any other languages are often hard to find and are really pricey.

I completely understand how commerce works and that selling stuff needs to be profitable for you. However, I am a book collector, I buy books really often AND choose the editions (because of translation, quality, covers) very, very carefully. Of course, there are a lot of books in English (the language I mainly read in) sold in Bulgaria, but in 99% of the cases the book I want to buy is either not available at all, or is an edition that I don't want to buy and own.

So in the last couple of years I've been buying my books mainly from eBay UK. Don't get me wrong, I want to support local sellers and economy, but the situation with bookstores in Bulgaria is like we only have Amazon and that's it. What I mean is that there are literally only two big bookstore chains that offer the same titles on similar prices. And more often than not these prices are very, very high...

At the beginning of this year I discovered a UK seller on eBay called Wordery that I grew to love very quickly. They offered very cheap books (compared to price standards in Bulgaria), quick delivery and great quality of the books. So, imagine how delighted I was when their website wordery.com went officially live and started offering free delivery. I already ordered and received my first book via the new website, the book was perfect as always and arrived in 5 business days (which is about the best delivery time-frame to Bulgaria EVER).

So the main point of this post is: If you live in a God forsaken place such as myself, I recommend that you check this website. Since the page is new, they have a running promotion for 10% off of your order by using the code BOOKS at the checkout.

Reblogged from Lady Danielle

Truckers
Terry Pratchett
A Dangerous Fortune
Ken Follett
Wicked Gentlemen (Hells Below)
Ginn Hale
The Round House
Louise Erdrich
The Cat in the Cradle
Jay Bell
Chasing Magic (Downside Ghosts, #5)
Stacia Kane
Reach for the Moon (Alejo and Bobby, #2)
Val Kovalin