Msmiz - I read almost anything!

What a Blog you say? Really you shouldn't have, no I am serious, you shouldn't.

I love that I have a place for a blog description.  I am not creative enough to blog, hence never blogging before.  I absolutely stink at well thought out reviews, but I read. I read A LOT.  It used to be more, I could average 800+ books a year.  But then the EDJ started asking me to put forth more effort for pay.  Bastards.

Written in the Stars

Most important here though is my rating scale.  I put forth a lot of 3 stars.  I would prefer a scale of 7 points measurement, hence my 3s are more like 3, 4, and 5 respectively.  In fact, most books that fall within the 3, I would like to take out to the 3rd, if not 4th decimal.  With that said, here is the basic summary of scale.

5- Beyond brilliant, would read again without question

4- Better than your average bear.  Would not hesitate to recommend

3- Do not be fooled.  These are books I liked but the fall into the category of:

Cotton Candy for the brain

Great story, needs editing

Great characters, needs editing

Hit the right spot, needs editing

Could not quite get me there.  The story was just short of a home run.

Short stories.  While I do love a good Novella/short story, etc, it has to be AMAZING

to the Nth degree to knock it up to a 4.

2- Story, characters, and/or editing were not enough to pull it out.  My head popped up

and out of the story too often

1- Are you kidding me with this shit?

What I read

As the title professes, just about anything.  I prefer stories that take me out of real life.  I get enough of that at home. Thus, I tend to stay away from self help or theory based books.  I am a very character driven reader.  I like a good plot just like any reader, but for me, a story really wins if I can fall into the stories and feel the characters.

Enough out of me for now!

Bayou Moon - Ilona Andrews I wanted to reserve judgment for this book - I will be honest, I did not think I would like it. I really enjoyed The Edge with Rose and Declan and really did not know where the next story would take us. Well, as Illona and Gordon have done it many times over, they have created another amazing read. A story full of fantastic world building and deep characters - you want to win at all costs.

Cerise is an amazingly strong female lead who will do anything for her family. Immediately she is faced with loss after loss, hit after hit yet she remained strong and stayed her course. With a strong wit (not as strong as Kate, but good and funny in a different way). William tries so hard to be a decent man in this book, yet he retains his strength and he is appreciated for who he is for the first time in his life. He has gone without for his entire life (aside from his friendship with Declan) and knowing William, you would have expected more push back and possibly running. He knew what he wanted and went after it with a logical head and understanding of those around him.

I cannot wait to read more about Kaldar! I love that Rose and Cerise are going to be good friends - what a formidable team they will make.

Truckers
Terry Pratchett
A Dangerous Fortune
Ken Follett
Wicked Gentlemen (Hells Below)
Ginn Hale
The Round House
Louise Erdrich
The Cat in the Cradle
Jay Bell
Chasing Magic (Downside Ghosts, #5)
Stacia Kane
Reach for the Moon (Alejo and Bobby, #2)
Val Kovalin